Psyché ranimée par le baiser de l'Amour @ Le Louvre, Paris

Psyché ranimée par le baiser de l'Amour @ Le Louvre, Paris
From my latest trip to France with Zach

Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Alone Mood

Incessant chatter.  Endless questions.  


When I was a kid, there was a song on one side of a 45 record I used to play over and over.  Entitled "Yakkity, Yak, Blah, Blah, Blah," this little ditty was about a man who comes home from work feeling tired and his wife just peppers him with questions and demands.  Makes me chuckle today because even though I tried never to do that to my husband when I was still married, I realized that I share the same sentiments as the singer on the record because I feel constantly barraged with questions, complaints, demands, from people at work and the three teenagers in my home! 


I seek solitude.  Some every day.  This piece I wrote on a day when I was counting down the time until I could get away from everyone who was driving me crazy.


An Alone Mood 
by Casey A. South
4.14.00

Caught in a game of poker,
I only want Solitare.
Six pack, but only need a sip.
Seven seats seems silly.
Eight lunch today. 
“Want some company?”
Nine…
Just mine.
Creative Commons License
An Alone Mood by Casey A. South is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at pinchingbubblewrap@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment